- ABOUT UP-CLOSE OUTFITTERS
- Fishing & Hunting Trip Packages
- Fishing Reports
- Lake Fishing Trips
- Archives by Month
- Mountain region taxidermist in Lansing NC with 15+ years experience eager to serve you. give us a call 704-956-5853 336-384-1286 — Mitch Black
Deer hunting NC mountains with Guide service Up-Close Outfitters
- whats the cost of a two day turkey hunt and whats dates are still open.thanks — greg white
NC Turkey Season – Outfitters and Guide
- Well I go through your blog and find it interesting...Its fun in doing fishing.. — fishing charters
Asheville to Lake Jocassee Fishing charters – Report
- Thanks for the trip... Great time and lots of fun.. can't wait to catch fish like that again. — kathleen
Lake Hartwell Striped Bass Fishing Report
- Never cutting corners is critical. Fishing is more of an art than a science and you'll never get the results you want if you cut corners and don't put in the hours. — Alaska Rainbow Lodge
Lake Hartwell Striper Guide Fishing
- Looks like a tough day on the water. If you ever need a first mate look me up! — Todd Plating
Lake Hartwell SC Striper Fishing
Up-Close Fishing Report
Warm weather and budding leaves has got the wild turkeys out and strutting. The early spring also has the hunting guides at Up-Close Outfitters biting at the bit, with the season still weeks away.
Our season is completely booked for the regular season, however we still have three days available for NC youth turkey week.
Book now for some of the best hunting opportunities of the NC gobbler hunting season!
Visit www.upcloseoutfitters.com for more info on booking a hunting guide and details about our turkey hunting trips.
Capt. Frank Askew
Also, visit our partner sites for more tours and adventures in the western North Carolina area.
The Trout fishing in the mountains of NC has been fairly consistent, even with all the rain. We have been Fly Fishing near Hendersonville and Asheville NC lately. Early morning is key with a lot of trout rising to small adams (#12), ants, and light cahills. 2 pound florocarbon is essential, especially if fishing the Davidson river.
Wild trout have been really fun lately. If you are willing to hike in the Pisgah National forest a bit you will encounter tons of wild Rainbow and Brook trout. This is our specialty!
Join us for a day on the river. Fishing trips start at 175 for a 1/2 day and 275 for a full.
Book today at www.upcloseoutfitters.com
Cheers, Capt Frank Askew
Late July and early august Fishing report for Lake Hartwell Striped Bass
Capt. James has been fishing lake hartwell regularly with consistant numbers for the clients. Fishing Clients from Greenville, Asheville, Atalanta, and Spartanburg have all joined Up-Close Outfitters for productive days on the lake. Alot of the larger fish that you see in May have disappeared but we are still seeing great numbers of party fish. Been fishing toward the dam a good bit with downrods.
Here are a few fishing pictures from the past week
Full day all inclusive fishing trips 350 !!!
Kids fish Free
July Fontana lake fishing report and charters
Up-Close Outfitters has been busy on the lake Fontana. The bass are staging great on secondary points and up the rivers. NC Walleye fishing has been ok on the troll with a good mixed bag of white bass on the fishing trips. Capt James has been bringing in great numbers by casting and trolling lately. With the amenities of Bryson City and the beauty of the Smokey National Park it is hard to beat a fishing trip to Fontana Lake this time of year.
Here are a few pictures lately:
Book today for August! Fishing will be getting better and better as fall aproaches.